Monday, March 29, 2010
My Monday List for March 29
• Manhee Bak: Unrolling Time, from April 6 through 22nd at John Jay College of the City of New York. He is a really interesting artist. More information can be found on his website. The reception is on April 8th from 5-7.
• Marina Abramovic, The Artist is Present at MoMA through May 31. Marian Abromavic is performance artist who is having a retrospective of her work. The New York Times has a good review of the show here. On the MoMA site you can experience the show here.
• The Drawings of Bronzino at the Met, through April 18. Gomaar reviewed the show well, and this looks like a show that I should not miss before it ends in April.
• Flemish Illumination in the Era of Catherine Cleves at the Morgan Library. Gomaar gave it a really good review. It is up now through May 2
• The 2010 Whitney Biennial is up on until May 30th. This is always an event that is worth seeing. Holland Carter of the New York Times gave it a good review. You can read it here.
• Ken Price: "New Sculpture" through April 10 at Matthew Marks Gallery in Chelsee
• Two exhibitions at Duke Riley: Those About to Dia Salute You and Daniel Bozhkov: Rebulik of Pertual Reconstitution and Rebuild through April the 25 at the Queens Museum of Art I don't know much about the artists but it does look very interesting.
• On Tuesday, March 30th and Saturday April 3rd, Kukuli Velarde will be at Barry Friedman working her mural for here show Patrimonio. She has a blog in which you can comment directly to her here. The shows up until April 17th.
• Geometric Themes and Variations through April 10 at Gallery Onetwentyeight. Joanne Mattera is part of this group show. It is an intimate gallery and I like her work, so it is worth noting.
More information on what is showing can be found here.