Saturday, May 16, 2009

Matt Jacobs at George Bills Gallery May 26th to June 27th

Our friend and contributing blogger, Matthew Jacobs, will be having and exhibition at the George Billis Gallery from May 26 to June 27th. The reception is on Thursday, May 28th and will be from 6 to 8PM. The gallery is located at 511 West 25th street.

What will be exhibited, I consider to be a major departure from his past work in that the human figure is represented. His new work, from what I have seen in my studio visits, I've found to be both exciting and provocative. For there is something dirty in the beauty of his new paintings. I can't tell you what is in his head but I do like what he is doing. I don't want to say more about what I feel because he is my friend and I would like you to see it in person. I will be at the opening. Maybe there, we will have the opportunity to share our impressions. It is well worth the visit. I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment